Whole Story

The Official Whole Foods Market® Blog

Special Guest Interview: Carlo Petrini

By Archive, May 29, 2007  |  Meet the Blogger  |  More Posts by Archive
Enjoy this in-depth interview with Carlo Petrini, founder and driving force behind the Slow Food organization. The interview is centered around his new book, “Slow Food Nation: Why Our Food Should be Good, Clean, and Fair.”
Category: Food Podcasts

 

7 Comments

Comments

Karen Pollak says ...
I am dismayed by the language usuage of the word impact in this interview.
05/29/2007 3:25:29 PM CDT
Lori says ...
First, please know that I am in love with this new service from Whole Foods. Great idea! Having said that, I would like to respectfully suggest that for the interviews we be able to see a video of the interview as well as hear the audio. Now, perhaps it was just my computer, but this interview did not have video with it when I listened to it. I just think video would make it even more interesting. I would like to suggest an interview with Christina Perelli of Christina Cooks out of Pennsylvania. She works closely with Whole Foods in her city (I think it is Pittsburgh) so it should be easy to contact her. She is an expert in vegan cooking and enjoys telling her viewers about the health benefits of all the vegetables and fruits she uses in her cooking. Also, her husband, Peter Petrelli just released a book titled B.O.N.E.S. that he wrote with his orthopedic surgeon about how food choices have a direct impact on bone health and how he used foods and supplements to cure himself of osteoperosis. (Spelling?) Anyway, I think interviewing him would also be very informative. Well, thanks for reading this. - PEACE -
05/31/2007 8:35:13 PM CDT
Carol Bayard says ...
I agreed with the ideas put forth in this piece. Thanks. Now, somebody should teach that woman to pronounce the word "food". It has 2 o's like moon.
06/01/2007 12:41:03 AM CDT
Devon says ...
I thought this interview was an excellent one - what Carlo articulated I could not have expressed any better myself. I wholeheartedly agree with every point he made, and being a "young person" myself, I am very excited about learning dying food traditions (i.e. naturally fermented foods, etc.), and am trying to "spread the gospel." I am going out to buy his new book tomorrow! Thank you again for a wonderful interview.
06/12/2007 10:18:37 PM CDT
Tracie Miller says ...
Great interviews. Who new that antioxidants don't last all day!
06/15/2007 8:04:09 PM CDT
Jodwz says ...
Good work! I like it! [@door38.txt||3||p-21||3||
08/04/2007 4:32:05 PM CDT
Robin McLean says ...
Mr. Petrini is a wise person. I thank him for being a responsible person. Please when you read a label and it says Product of USA...it can mean packaged in USA. You really never know what you are buying unless you buy it directly from the source and have a relationship with this person. The traceability of what you are buying is very important; it become a matter of trust. In Canada where I live if 51% of the product is "produced" here it is labelled Made in Canada. Hence, the other 49% comes from who knows where??? It is interesting that trade routes are no long the obvious nor do governments really care who we are feel.
08/17/2007 10:16:33 AM CDT