COLUMBUS, Ohio (Feb. 2, 2017)– Hallmark Management Services, Inc. of Columbus, OH announces a voluntary recall of approximately 625 pounds of Chicken Tikka Masala due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen. The Chicken Tikka Masala product may contain soy, a known allergen which is not declared on the product label.
The products subject to recall include:
- 12 ounce round plastic packages containing “Chicken Tikka Masala roasted chicken in a spiced creamy tomato sauce” with the label displaying an orange elephant logo and Maani’s Artisan Indian Cuisine. This product contains the range of freeze to enjoy by dates of February 17, 2017 to April 20, 2017.
The Chicken Tikka Masala was produced between, 11/09/16 and 12/07/16. The label bears the establishment number EST. 1283 inside the Ohio mark of inspection. This product was sold at the following retail markets in Ohio:
- Dorothy Lane Market located at 6177 Far Hills Ave, Dayton, Ohio
- Dorothy Lane Market located at 2710 Far Hills Ave, Dayton, Ohio
- Dorothy Lane Market located at 740 North Main St, Springboro, Ohio
- Hill’s Market located at 7860 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, Ohio
- Whole Foods located at 1555 West Lane Ave., Upper Arlington, Ohio
- Whole Foods located at 4100 Easton Gateway Drive, Columbus, Ohio
- Whole Foods located at 3670 West Dublin Granville Rd., Columbus, Ohio
- Weiland’s Market located at 3600 Indianola Ave., Columbus, Ohio
- Lucky’s Market located at 2770 North High St., Columbus, Ohio
The problem was discovered during a routine verification visit conducted by the Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) Division of Meat Inspection personnel.
ODA and the company have received no reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Hallmark Management Services, Inc. urges customers with a soy allergy or sensitivity that purchased this product not to consume it and to return it to the company. Customers may bring this designated product to Hallmark Management Services, Inc. at 521 Harmon Avenue, Columbus, Ohio or call the facility at (614) 564-9522.
Media Contact: For questions regarding the recall contact Bryan West, Hallmark Management Services, Inc. (614) 564-9522.