Take out Engine 2, 28-Day Challenge Thie February!
What in the world is Engine 2?
Engine 2 is a plan of action for following — and sticking to — a heart-healthy, mind-healthy, body-healthy, taste-bud-tempting Plant-Strong™ lifestyle, created by former firefighter, Rip Esselstyn.
When you follow the Engine 2 Diet, you adopt a whole food, nutrient-dense, plant-strong way of eating. This means you eat a vast variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
Revvvvvvv up your engine and pick your path:
This path is for you if you want a gradual approach to becoming plant-strong:
Week One: No dairy, refined sugar, or processed foods.
Week Two: No meat, chicken, eggs or fish while you continue no dairy, refined sugar or processed foods.
Week Three: No extracted oils. By the end of Week 3 you’ve advanced to Firefighter!
Week Four: Keep up another week of this Plant-Strong diet!
This path is for you if you are ready to go all in from the start!
Week One: Jump right in to the 100% Plant-Strong way of life and enjoy healthy whole grains, fruits, legumes, vegetables, and beans.
A few tips as you get your engines started:
If you haven’t already, read the Engine 2 Diet book!
- Visit our store to purchase your copy
Check out Engine 2’s website:
Stay up to date about Engine 2 Plant-Strong™ products here:
Join us today on our lively social media channels for additional conversation & tips!
Consider finding an E2 “buddy” to support each other through the 28 Days
- Rip suggests finding a “buddy” that you do not know yet…for example, at future E2 Meet-Ups, ask the person sitting next to you!
Dig deep and track down your numbers!
- One of the most effective ways to experience the E2 Challenge is to know you numbers before and after the 28 days:
- Cholesterol –including LDL, HDL and total; triglycerides, blood glucose, blood pressure and body weight
- Consider getting these numbers checked before and after the 28 days OR dig deep and find labs from the recent past
Keep a detailed FOOD JOURNAL! This serves two purposes:
- It holds you accountable
- Comes in handy if you feel that you are not meeting your health goals
Our In-Store Events will include numerous Engine 2 Product and Recipe Demos throughout the month including 4 weekly classes to keep you on track:
Tuesday February 5th 6:30-8pm: Plant-Strong Cooking Lesson & Lecture on Eliminating Dairy
Tuesday February 12th 6:30-8pm: Plant-Strong Cooking Lesson & Lecture on Eliminating Meat
Tuesday February 19th 6:30-8pm: Plant-Strong Cooking Lesson & Lecture on Eliminating Oil
Tuesday February 26th 6:30-8pm: Plant-Strong Cooking Lesson & Engine 2 Graduation
Please register by e-mailing Jessica.Haggerty@wholefoods.com