Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Kids Cooking Corner
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help refresh the school and prepare the garden for winter with our partners at the school. This will be a family-friendly, 3-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up! You can register on Eventbrite HERE
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We'll have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Marketing and Community Relations Lead
Learn more about our partners at Kids Cooking Corner here!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Turning sod
* Turning compost pile
* Starting worm boxes
* Deep Cleaning
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
* Good Attitudes
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Heidi O'Connor for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 433-9114
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park in the lot at the school; we encourage carpooling and biking in!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email email@example.com, or call 360.253.4082.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!