Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. Do you know what you'll be making on the big feast day? There's still time to try some new recipes and tweak your menu to make it perfect.
We put together some menu ideas
to get you started.
Mix and match according to your tastes and favorites! Hungry for more recipes? Browse our full collection of holiday recipes
Here are a few more ideas to kick off your menu planning:
- Print out or make copies of the recipes you're preparing, then tape them to your cupboard for easy reference when you're cooking.
- Make and post a timeline working out: what time dishes need to come out of the fridge, go into the oven, etc.
- Plan on offering some appetizers, especially ones that don't require heating. This may keep folks out of the kitchen while you're putting the final touches on everything. Pita Chips with Sweet Potato Mash and Smoked Almonds is a good choice.
Or, enlist a helper to assemble Prosciutto, Brie and Apricot Wraps.
- Green vegetables should make several appearances on your menu. Here are a few of our favorites:
Thanksgiving Green Salad
Swiss Chard with Shallots
Warm Millet Salad with Brussels Sprouts, Creamed Mushrooms and Sage
- Looking for a change from your usual mashed potatoes or candied sweet potatoes? Consider one of these variations:
Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
Celery Root and Potato Gratin
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Macadamia Nuts
Coconut Marshmallow Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- Fill the house with the irresistible welcoming aroma of freshly baked bread.
Easy Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
Buttermilk Pull-Apart Rolls
- For the main dish, we have plenty of turkey recipes and vegetarian options, too:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tempeh
Savory Butternut Squash Pie with Hazelnuts
Wild Mushroom Tart
- Sweets that can be made ahead of time are the way to go for a Thanksgiving feast.
Pumpkin Apple Pie
Jasmine Tea Poached Pears
Maple and Walnut Applesauce Cake
- Be sure to check out our collection of how-to videos for quick tips on roasting the turkey, carving, making perfect gravy and more.
Happy planning. Got your own secrets to success up your sleeve? Share!