Join in the fun this spring as we celebrate quality, priced-to-please Australian wines. Defined by a vibrant mix of cultures and an unmatched diversity of land and climates, Australia produces wine styles as rich and varied as the soil from which each grape grows. In the past few years, Australia has earned a solid reputation for producing some of the finest varietals in the world. We're excited to offer eleven of Australia's highest quality selections at affordable prices. From an organically grown Chardonnay and a spritzy, aromatic Verdelho-Viognier blend to a dark chocolate cherry Pinot Noir and the continent's best Cabernet Sauvignon, we have styles for everyone. Throw some barramundi on the barbie and grab a bottle of one of these Aussie gems. Here's a sampling of three of these fabulous wines that are featured through May 5th at our stores that sell wine:
Innocent Bystander, Pinot Gris, Yarra Valley
- A thoughtful and refreshingly zingy wine from Victoria's first wine-growing district.
- Its aromas of lime leaves, honeydew and tart apples end with cashew notes and a nice dry finish.
- Enjoy with Murray Bridge Australian Cheddar or light main courses such as sashimi or oysters.
Shoofly, Buzz Cut, Adelaide Hills
- This wildly aromatic white is a blend of Riesling, Viognier, Verdelho, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Spritzy, with an herbal edge, tropical flavors and citrusy crispness.
- Drink with spicy Thai or Vietnamese food, pork, whitefish or Cypress Grove Purple Haze goat cheese.
Big Woop, Red Wine, McLaren Vale, Riverland, & Limestone Coast (Coonawarra)
- This Grenache, Shiraz and Petite Verdot mix is a huge value in a huge (1-liter) bottle!
- A bold, gently spicy red with dark berry flavors and a deeply fruited but dry finish.
- Perfect with burgers, barbecue, pasta with marinara sauce or King Island Dairy Roaring Forties Blue or Rogue Anniversary Blue.