Welcome Fall With The Whole Deal
Welcome to the October/November issue of The Whole Deal.
We’re “falling” all over ourselves to offer you the best of autumn on a budget. In this issue, you’ll find over $47+ in coupons
online and in the in-store print guide. Plus, there are 12 new recipes
for Thanksgiving and for every day at less than $4 per serving, simple meal plans for 4 (or 1 or 2)
on a budget, three of our favorites for $2.99 or less - Three Under $3
, and a new selection of Sure Deal products
that are perfect for the season.
Speaking of the new season…nothing heralds the start of Fall like the smell (and taste!) of warm-from-the-oven baked goods. Whether you are itching to get back to baking after a long summer vacation from the oven or you want to hone your skills prior to the holiday rush, here are five money-saving baking tips that will keep your budget from getting burned.
- Get Quality at a Value with 365 Everyday Value natural and organic baking supplies (flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, etc). Better ingredients = better baking and “365” helps you afford them.
- Bake in Big Batches, taking advantage of bulk or sale pricing and making the most of your time, then wrapping your baked goods tightly and storing in the freezer. Our Apple Almond Gingerbread is a good make-ahead choice.
- Give the Goodness because homemade gifts of food are not only easy on your pocket book, they are personal and people remember wonderful aromas and tastes for years!
- Learn to Adjust your recipe (or choose another) to take advantage of whichever nuts or dried fruits or fresh ingredients are at the best price at that time.
- Buy Only What You Need from our bulk bins and jars so you don’t waste flour, sugar, nuts, dried fruit…even herbs and spices! (Tip: Ask to borrow a measuring cup or spoon in the store.)
Do you have any more tips for baking on a budget? We’d love to hear them!