Whether you’re a seasoned turkey roaster or are cooking your first Thanksgiving bird, roasting the perfect turkey can be a challenge. Our collection of holiday recipes and Guide to Cooking a Perfect Turkey will help you roast a perfectly moist, tender and naturally delicious turkey, every time. Here are a few simple tips to get you started:
- Always remove the giblets before seasoning and roasting your turkey.
- Baste only at the beginning of the roasting process. Basting later may make the skin soft instead of crispy.
- Cook your turkey on a rack with white wine or chicken broth in the bottom of the pan.
- Roast the bird with the breast side down for the first hour.
- Use a meat thermometer for best results. When done, all parts of the turkey should be 165°F.
- Allow bird to rest (covered) after cooking for about 30 minutes. This redistributes the juices and makes for smooth carving.