Want health and value? Shop in our bulk department! Bulk bins at Whole Foods Market offer a great variety of pantry basics and staples to support your healthy-eating plan at substantial cost savings. By buying only the amounts you need, additional savings come from less waste. Plus, it’s a great way to help the environment. For value, bulk buying simply can’t be beat. And there are additional benefits to taking advantage of the variety of ingredients in bulk bins:
- Bins are replenished often so ingredients are super fresh.
- Because you can buy as much or as little as you need, you can experiment with new products without getting stuck with a lot of something that doesn’t suit you.
- Many of the bulk offerings are organically grown.
- You save money by not paying for fancy labels.
- All bulk items are required to meet Whole Foods Market’s strict Quality Standards, so you’re still getting the highest-quality of products.
The bulk department can be a healthy eater’s best friend! The January/February issue of The Whole Deal value guide, is bulging with ways to eat healthier on a budget including the $99* Health Starts Here™ Pantry, which includes a list of basics to have on hand for healthier eating. A lot of these pantry basics are readily available in bulk, including:
- Dried beans (pinto, white, black, lentils)
- Whole grains (quinoa, pearled barley, long-grain brown rice)
- Whole-wheat pasta (spaghetti, couscous)
- Oats (rolled, steel-cut)
- Organic raw nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds)
- Organic dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins)
- Fresh-ground nut butters (peanut, almond)
In addition, the bulk department features great selections of spices and seasonings at a fraction of the cost of their bottled or packaged counterparts. When cooking with your health in mind, it’s always good to add seasonings and spices to enhance flavor without a lot of additional calories. Check out these budget-friendly recipes featuring ingredients that can be found in most bulk departments in our stores:
- Ancient Grain Stuffed Red Bell Peppers (Bulk: quinoa, amaranth)
- Linguine with Spinach, Artichokes & Red Lentil Sauce (Bulk: mustard seeds, dried red lentils)
- Apple-Cinnamon Oat Squares (Bulk: steel-cut oats, pecans, raisins, flax seeds, cinnamon)