Get ready, wine lovers – you’re about to experience some of the best-priced and finest French wines uncorked in more than 30 years. We’re excited to let you know that we’ve secured limited-time-only steals from the sought-after 2009 Bordeaux vintage. We have a limited supply of these highly regarded wines so pick them up now and enjoy some of the best Bordeaux wines made in the last three decades. You’ll love these bargains that drink like they cost a fortune. What’s so special about Bordeaux? We’re glad you asked! Located on the bank of the Gironde in close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, Bordeaux is more than just a region – it’s a prestigious family of wines that has just released its outstanding 2009 vintage. Abundant rainfall, warm summers and mild winters set the stage for plentiful and high-quality grape growth, yielding wines that are subtle and reserved. The ‘grandmère’ of the wine world, Bordeaux wines are some of the finest and most desirable wines in the world. They are rich in heritage and steeped in flavors that provide a real sense of place exuding tastes of where they come from. Priced under $20, these wines are hand-selected from small, family-owned properties – or “petits châteaux” – in lesser-known appellations of the Bordeaux region, the world’s best-known and largest wine region. We’ve bought the entire production of all but one of these wines. Take your tastebuds on a tour of Bordeaux and discover these selections from the 2009 vintage:
- Château Magence Graves Blanc has a lively floral and citrus nose. This crisp white balances round notes of Meyer lemon and sweet peas with the acidity of key limes.
- Château Le Touzinard Bordeaux Rouge features the ripeness of tart cherries and cranberries with a touch of black olive, menthol and oak with a striking nose and clean flavor for this red wine.
- Château La Fleur Dallon Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux Rouge is a medium-bodied red with deep plum fruitiness, aromas of currants and a hint of toasted wood – all with good structure and balance.
- Château Picau-Perna Saint-Émilion Rouge showcases rhubarb and ripe blueberries that fills the nose and has notes of green ferns and fine-grained tannins.
- Château La Gravière Bordeaux Rouge is an earthy, structured red with hints of white and black pepper in the nose and a gripping minerality.
- Château Bonnet Entre-Deux-Mers Blanc is zingy, juicy and expansive on the palate. This white balances vibrant, ripe aromas of grapefruit and peach with just the right minerality.
- Château Moulin de Mallet Bordeaux Rouge has a dark rich claret color and a bouquet of red fruits with surprising hints of vanilla, licorice and blackberries. This red is rich and round with a lingering finish. (Available by mid-March.)
- Château Robin Lussac-Saint-Émilion Rouge is a subtly powerful red with sweetly smoky notes and a rich touch of tobacco and leather in the nose. (Available by mid-March.)
- Château Haut-Laborie Bordeaux Rouge features a brilliant ruby color and the seductive fragrance of crushed red berries and vanilla. (Available by mid-March.)