Go Natural with your Kosher Passover
Our customers expect high-quality natural and organic products from us every day. Check. What about those not so everyday occasions? We’ve got you covered there too. Many of you are looking for kosher foods for Passover that also meet our strict quality standards for being free of artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, sweeteners and hydrogenated fats. We’ve got ‘em. How about kosher poultry raised without antibiotics and with plenty of room to roam around? Got that too. Simply put, you don’t have to sacrifice your standards to put traditional favorites on your Passover table.
Did you know that many kosher suppliers use artificial preservatives and other ingredients that we don’t allow in our stores? We knew we needed to provide kosher products for our customers but there just weren’t natural versions out there. So, our grocery buyers partnered with kosher food producers to help them reformulate their products to meet high quality standards for natural and organic, with the commitment that our stores and customers would provide a market for these upgraded kosher products. We encourage you to give them a try!
We’re pleased to bring products like these to our stores, all of which are certified kosher for Passover:
Aviv Organic Whole Wheat Matzos, Matzo Meal, Matzo Farfel and Cake Meal
Yehuda Organic Matzo
- Imported from Israel and exclusive to our stores
- A Passover favorite—gone organic
- With a great flavor and a crisp crunch it’s also good for matzo brei
- You’ll also find Yehuda Whole Wheat Matzos, Matzo Crackers, Matzo Farfel, Matzo Meal, Cake Meal and Gluten Free Matzo-Style Squares
Avvio Organic Grape Juice
- A premiere purveyor of kosher foods since 1925
- Streit's mixes make it easier to achieve potato latkes with just the right taste and matzo balls with just the right texture
- Transformed their kosher line to meet our quality standards—no MSG or partially hydrogenated fats
- Take a look at their line-up of mixes that help you make the traditional foods that have connected generations: Potato Kugel Mix, Instant Mashed Potato Mix (Plain or Garlic), Bag N’ Bake Seasoned Coating Mix (Regular, Honey or BBQ), Stuffing Mixes (Original, Savory Herb or Whole Wheat), Natural Cake Mixes (Sponge, Coffee, Vanilla, Chocolate or Yellow with Chocolate Frosting)
- Made just for us from a special harvest of organic grapes
- You'll only find it in our stores for a short while during the Passover season
- 100% Concord grape juice, with no artificial preservatives or flavors
Kedem Gefilte Fish
- Delicately sweet, with a crisp exterior and a soft and chewy texture
- These scrumptious macaroons have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Choose from Choc-Chip, Chocolate, Coconut or Almond flavors
- Independent, family-owned and operated in the United States since 1948
- No egg yolk, no matzo meal and gluten free
- It’s a perfect Passover appetizer
For the main course, try Kosher Valley Poultry
, the nation’s first and only producer of responsibly raised, vegetarian-fed kosher chickens and turkeys that meet our standard for no antibiotics, ever. Raised in the rolling hills of Central New York, these dual kosher certified (Rabbi Babad and Orthodox Union) chickens and turkeys are very moist, tender and naturally flavorful.
Producing kosher poultry takes about three times as long as non-kosher birds. Many steps are still performed by hand, with extra care and time. Specially trained rabbinical inspectors check every single bird for any signs of abnormalities or disease, and they often reject birds that have already passed government inspections. This assures that customers are getting the highest-quality bird, processed in accordance with the kosher standards of cleanliness, purity and wholesomeness.
This is just a sampling of the tasty Passover foods available in many of our stores. Contact your local Whole Foods Market
to find out about their selection of kosher offerings and how they can help you with your special meal.
We think you’ll agree, things are getting better all the time for your Passover meal. Enjoy!