One of our favorite summer pastimes is backyard grilling! Ripe summer produce, juicy burgers, delicious kabobs, fresh seafood and hearty steaks all stack up as summer favorites with a little fire, some seasonings and an attentive grill master. Look no further than Whole Foods Market for the freshest and seasonally best foods at peak perfection and for strategies to help you make the most of the season both indoors and out. Check out these summer-friendly tips to backyard grilling: Build A Better Burger
- Better beef makes a better burger. Ours is ground fresh in-house and seasoned with only natural ingredients.
- Go beyond beef and try a burger made with turkey, lamb, pork or seafood.
- Try healthier whole-grain buns with no artificial preservatives.
- Bring the flavor up a notch with a great melting cheese, such as aged Grafton classic reserve Cheddar, Havarti with dill or a Brie-style cheese.
- Dress it up with condiments – we only sell those that meet our Quality Standards for no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
- Clean your grill thoroughly with a grill brush before each use.
- Oil the rack prior to heating by soaking a clean rag with high-heat oil and wiping grates.
- Preheat a gas grill for 15 minutes; allow a charcoal grill to burn for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Do your prep work ahead of time, then set up a work station near the grill to make your ingredients easily accessible.
- Have a clean sheet tray or platter ready for resting cooked items as you remove them from the grill.
- Chicken, pork, beef, lamb and seafood kabobs
- Several varieties of pre-seasoned ground beef patties
- House-made fresh sausages
- Salmon burgers and crab cakes