Summer is a great time to get out and enjoy the warm weather, whether it’s on the beach, on a patio, hike-and-bike trails or strolling along boardwalks. If you’re out there flaunting what you’ve got, we want to share some ways for you to look and feel your best — it begins on the inside!
The most beautiful
hair, skin and nails are the healthiest
hair, skin and nails. Here are top tips for giving your body what it needs this summer.
- Stay hydrated with 64+ ounces of water every day (try with a splash of 100% fruit juice).
- Make meals as healthy as possible, especially when eating less in the heat. (Try some of our Health Starts Here recipes and tips.)
- Boost nutrition with 100% whey protein or green food powder in a shake or smoothie.
- Get good fats daily — omega-3 and GLA essential fatty acids — for healthy, elastic skin.
- Kick up the antioxidants to help avoid skin damage from sun, poor diet, etc.
- Notch down the stress that can lead to breakouts and wrinkles.
Don’t let creaky knees, weak ankles or tennis elbow slow you down. Consider the following supportive nutrients for maintaining strong, healthy, supple joints.
- Turmeric and Ginger promote a healthy inflammation response.
- Arnica pellets are a homeopathic remedy used by athletes for overall joint and muscle benefits.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin formulas address joint pain by supplementing and supporting components naturally found in healthy cartilage.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound shown in studies to promote healthy joints.
Have you got what you need to bike, hike, swim or play ball? If not, fuel up with healthy choices that sustain energy (vs. a quick caffeine and sugar fix). Fruit, nuts or trail mix are just the thing. Certain nutrition shakes and bars are great, too. When you choose those, look for: 1) high fiber; 2) no or low added sweeteners; 3) no artificial ingredients.
What are your favorite ways to feel good and look great in the summer?