It’s summer…get out and play! While you’re outdoors with nature, it only makes sense to choose wellness and first aid products that help preserve beauty and health naturally. Fortunately, there are natural alternatives for addressing everything from bug bites and motion sickness to scrapes and strains. And don’t forget nutritional support for healthy joints and energy levels! Have you had a scrape, bruise, bite or poison ivy encounter while having summer’s best fun? Allow us to help you enjoy a more comfortable and carefree season with the knowledge and natural products you need to be good to your whole body. Insect Bites:
- Colloidal oatmeal bath or lavender or peppermint essential oil soothe itching and promote healing (one undiluted drop on each bite).
- Garlic soothes pain; hold crushed clove on sting 20 minutes then rinse.
- Topical clay or basil leaf (crushed or extract) soothes itching and stinging pain.
- Homeopathic remedies include: Ledum (wild rosemary) for swelling; Apis (honey bee) for stings.
- Colloidal oatmeal baths, calamine lotion or topical clay soothe, help address itching and promote healing.
- Jewelweed or eucalyptus essential oils (diluted), or witch hazel promote healing; use as a compress.
- Homeopathic remedies include: Rhus tox, Anacardium orientale, Graphites, Urtica urens, Sulphur.
- Tea tree oil or witch hazel in products or diluted cleans and soothes.
- Comfrey, lavender or calendula ointment or compress promotes healing and a healthy inflammation response.
- Slippery elm compress may help dislodge splinters.
- Arnica gel or cream relieves swelling and pain.
- Bromelain (pineapple enzyme) helps soothe sprains and bruises.
- Capsaicin cream helps soothe aches and pains.
- Homeopathic remedies include: Arnica montana, Magnesium phosphorus, Hypericum perf, Ruta grav, Ledum pal, Rhus tox.
- Drinking raspberry leaf tea or inhaling the aroma of peppermint essential oil promotes a calm stomach.
- Homeopathic remedies include: Cocculus Indicus, Argentum Nitricum, Nux Vomica, Tabacum.