I’m peachy keen on organic yellow peaches! Soft and fuzzy with a deep red blush, yellow peaches are just gorgeous on the outside and luscious and sweet on the inside. The mere mention of organic yellow peaches makes my mouth water, especially when I start thinking of all the ways I could use them in recipes. I love peaches as they are for an easy portable snack so I know I’ll need to make an effort to buy extra and save some for cooking and baking (and freezing for later)! But what makes organic yellow peaches extra awesome? Our organic peaches meet stringent USDA organic standards and are grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides. The next time you’re in one of our stores, ask any team member for a sample. Check out these ways you can use organic yellow peaches in recipes:
- Peaches are delicious on the grill! Use grilled peaches over a variety of sweet and savory dishes. Try these Spicy Grilled Peach and Chicken Kabobs, Rum Butter Glazed Grilled Peaches, or let peaches draw out the sweetness of balsamic vinegar like this recipe for Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Peaches.
- Slice firm yellow peaches over spicy arugula and top with warm bacon dressing, or make your own peach dressing like this recipe for Salad with Peach Dressing.
- Make fresh peach salsa with jalapeño peppers and purple onion to go over firm white fish or chicken, like these recipes for Peach and Cucumber Salsa and Chicken with Peach Salsa.
- Berry cobblers and pies are particularly peachy with the addition of organic yellow peaches. For a comforting and sweet treat, try this Blackberry and Peach Buttermilk Cobbler.
- Peach-based barbecue sauces or chutneys are fabulous complements to pork and poultry; try adding this Spiced Peach Chutney to your table or your sandwiches.
- Peaches are delicious baked into almond coffee cake or this Simple Summer Peach Cake.
- Slice and freeze peaches for a summery blast in your morning smoothie or make new freezer treats, like these Peach-Mango Popsicles.
- Diced peaches make a surprising but sweet flavor addition to grains. If you have organic yellow peaches on hand, you can substitute them for nectarines in this colorful side dish recipe for Whole-Wheat Couscous with Nectarines and Pistachios.
- Need a fruit refresher? Throw sliced peaches into your ice tea! Double up with berries to make Peach-Berry Iced Tea.
- Sip a Peach Lassi made of ripe peaches blended with tart yogurt and a dash of cardamom.
- For a quick and impressive appetizer, roll peaches, rosemary and goat cheese in puff pastry and bake until golden and crispy.
- Cook ripe peaches down in a skillet with lemon zest, cinnamon and pure cane sugar for a quick and easy refrigerator jam or dessert topping.
- Tangy goat or feta cheese topped with juicy peaches and honey makes a perfect cheese course or dessert.