In Louisiana, where I come from, there’s an unspoken law: Never be caught short on shrimp! I love shrimp just about any way you can cook it: poached, grilled, sautéed, broiled or breaded and fried. Shrimp pairs beautifully with herbs, spices and most sauces, making it a perfect accompaniment to grains and vegetables. It’s awesome in soups, salads and savory dishes. I even love shrimp on pizza and in quiche! But my first experience is always my favorite: Shrimp Etouffée — a specialty of my own great state.
And when you stock up on shrimp, it’s important to know what makes our farmed shrimp a great choice. We source from only three producers and have traceability back to their farms. And these are not your typical farms; our producers meet our standards for protecting the environment
by avoiding mangrove areas to protect sensitive ecosystems and maintain good water quality. You’ll never find added phosphates or sulfates in our shrimp — we don’t want anything to take away from the sweet, delicate flavor of shrimp raised right. In fact, our shrimp are harvested to order and flash frozen within hours of harvest and you can taste the difference. Learn more about what sets our shrimp apart
Recipes and ideas for shrimp seem never-ending! Here are just a few scrumptious shrimp ideas:
- In honor of my forefathers, I have to start with this recipe for Shrimp Étouffée, and this recipe for Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo and, finally, this recipe for Simple Jambalaya with Shrimp and Sausage.
- Make shrimp salad with baby shrimp. Make a sandwich or stuff into half an avocado, a scooped out tomato or half a papaya. These Shrimp, Corn and Red Pepper Sandwiches are out of this world, as are these Shrimp and Cucumber Stuffed Avocados.
- Add cooked shrimp to your favorite pizza toppings, to a favorite quiche or make yummy Shrimp and Havarti Quesadillas.
- Go Asian with a comforting bowl of Miso Soup with Shrimp and Broccoli and this delicious Glazed Shrimp and Broccoli with Brown Rice.
- To satisfy a tropical mood, this Shrimp and Fish in Aromatic Coconut Broth hits the spot.
- Add shrimp to red sauce for your next pasta meal, or try our recipe for Linguine with Grilled Shrimp and Arugula-Parsley Pesto.
- Back to my Louisiana roots — I can’t forget Shrimp and Grits with Sweet Peppers.
- If you’re a taco fan, you have to try our Shrimp Tacos with Fresh Pineapple Salsa.
- Have you ever had a savory pancake? Here is a great recipe for Two-Bite Shrimp Pancakes with Satsuma Relish.
- Add shrimp to an omelet like in this Shrimp and Avocado Omelet.
- For a refreshing treat, try this Shrimp Salad with Lemon Dressing.
- Shrimp are perfect for dipping, but did you know they are just as great made into a dip? Here’s proof with our recipe for Shrimp Dip.
Most kids love shrimp cocktail — maybe because it’s the only “cocktail” they’re allowed to have! For my family, moving to California brought weekend outings to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco where we each got a succulent shrimp cocktail — FOR 50 CENTS!
You read that right! Although those days are long gone, a good shrimp cocktail is not. Here’s a recipe for Shrimp Cocktail with Sauce
Just one peek into my freezer proves I’m never short on shrimp
. What about you? Got an idea or a favorite recipe?