Pssssst...come closer. We've got a secret. Even in an office full of people who talk about food, think about food and work with food all day long, we rely on short cuts when we're prepping for a party. Who doesn't? Whether you're an expert chef or a seasonal baker, hosting an intimate dinner party or a holiday open house, everyone wants to cut down their to-do list without sacrificing quality or adding unnecessary costs. Step away from the garlic press and put down that rolling pin; we've compiled a cheat sheet that will have you out of the kitchen and joining the party before you can say, “homemade phyllo dough.” For nibbling
- Spread your favorite pre-made pesto, a few sundried tomatoes and goat cheese on naan bread. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. Have extra time? Try our recipe for Grilled Veggie Naan Pizzas with Goat Cheese.
- Pop our 365 Everyday Value® Trio of Three Cheese, Mushroom and Spinach Florentine Mini Quiches into the oven, and in no time you’ll have a home-baked taste your guests will love.
- Fill individual endive leaves with a prepared spread — pimento cheese, seafood or salmon salad or just crumbled blue cheese and walnuts. Yes, it's that simple.
- Arrange a few people-pleasing cheeses such as a small wheel of our Wellspring Goat Brie, a traditional British blue like Borough Market Stilton and a wedge of creamy, complex Le Gruyère on a serving platter with crackers, Marcona almonds, olives and a dollop of Dalmatia Spread — Fig or Sour Cherry — for an elegant arrangement. Add some crunch with Divina pickles.
- Blend together 1 cup olive oil and 1 cup fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, chives, etc.) with a few pinches of sea salt to make a perfect herb dip for crusty breads and crudités. Or drizzle a bit over Greek yogurt for a tangy treat.
- Make soup an hors d'oeuvre by serving it in shot glasses — no spoons required! Top each mini serving with a luxurious garnish, such as a teaspoon of lump crabmeat or a tiny dollop of mascarpone or crème fraîche.
- Pair homemade (or store bought!) cookies with one of three seasonal 365 Everyday Value® Ice Creams — Pumpkin, Peppermint or Eggnog — to make your own ice cream sandwiches. If you have an extra few minutes, dip one half into melted white or dark chocolate and freeze.
- Put out Whole Foods Market™ Organic Truffles — Cappuccino, Chocolate or Caramel, Whole Foods Market™ French Fleur de Sel Caramels or Whole Foods Market™ Truffled Roasted Walnuts and watch them disappear. No assembly is required for these bite-sized gourmet treats.
- Serve reds and whites without spending a lot of green with our Top 10 Holiday Wines, all priced under $15. Our wine experts did the research and even provided pairing ideas so you can just grab and go with confidence.
- Add elegance to inexpensive sparkling wines or sparkling cider with a simple garnish of raspberries, pomegranate seeds or a few frozen grapes in the glass.