Get dinner on the table in a flash with quick-cooking seafood choices.
In addition to weekly deals, we cut to order and offer great prices on frozen seafood year-round.
Remember, fatty fish — like salmon — deliver the omega-3 fatty acids that everyone’s talking about!
If you’re fishing around for information on the seafood we sell, rest assured we’re navigating toward fully sustainable seafood departments.
We’ve also implemented a color-coded rating program that provides you with sustainability status information for all wild-caught seafood not certified by the MSC. This way, you can make fully informed choices.
After making your selection at the counter, try one of these simple suggestions at home:
- Season fish fillets with marinade or a spice rub and broil or bake at 450°F for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with a squeeze of lemon alongside a salad and whole grains.
- Grill seafood steaks or fillets. If over ½” thick, turn the fish halfway through cooking, using the 10-minutes-per-inch rule. Pair grilled seafood with the bright flavor of salsa (you can find freshly–prepared salsa in the produce department).
- Shrimp and large cubes of firm fish are perfect for kabobs. Place on skewers with quick-cooking fruits or veggies. Serve over wild rice.
- Small or thin fillets are well suited to pan sautéing. Heat a bit of marinade or oil in a heavy skillet and add the fish. Remove when it flakes easily and add some chopped greens or spinach to the pan along with a splash of vinegar or white wine for a quick side to serve with the fish.
- Simmer fillets or steaks in a bit of broth or seasoned liquid (try a blend of orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic) and cook while covered. No need to turn, but do baste occasionally.
- Shrimp, scallops and diced fish fillets contribute depth of flavor to broths and soups without breaking the bank. Add seafood toward the end of cooking.
In addition, here are 10 of our favorite seafood dishes for fast delicious meals:
When you don’t even have time for simple dishes like those, try our new frozen prepared seafood entrées available in our US stores. You simply thaw the pre-marinated, seasoned or stuffed seafood (either overnight or while you are away during the day), cook and served with your favorite side.
What’s your go-to seafood dish for an easy and tasty meal?