Our commitment to provide the highest-quality ingredients and products extends to every aisle of our stores. Join us for the latest updates in Whole Body where we discuss the benefits of our Premium Body Care® and Organic Body Care standards.
Lecia Rand is Category Manager and Product Developer for Whole Foods Market exclusive brand supplements and body care.
Whole Foods Market developed our Premium Body Care quality standards to help clear customer confusion.
- There are a lot of products that claim to be natural, but there is no regulatory standard for making that claim.
- Whole Foods Market™ experts spent years examining ingredients according to the strictest criteria for safety, efficacy and impact on the environment.
- This is an ongoing process, which not only evaluated ingredients such as fragrance in detail, but also examines label claims.
- They have found more than 420 ingredients that do not meet our standard.
Identifying the products that meet out Premium Body Care standards are simple:
- A list of products that meet our Premium Body Care (PBC) standards can be found on each Whole Foods Market store’s website.
- Many stores have special signs on shelf showing the PBC logo next to PBC products.
- Whole Body team member can also point shoppers in the right direction depending on what they are looking for.
- Body care products that meet our standards include shampoos, conditioners, lotions, baby care products and more!
- There are over 3300 products and growing that have been formulated to our PBC standards, which include many of our 365 Everyday Value® and Whole Foods Market™ body care products.
Both successes and challenges help inform research for our Premium Body Care standards to ensure the highest quality products for our shoppers.
- Sales of 365 Everyday Value® body care products made to our Premium Body Care standards have increased significantly and are available for very affordable prices.
- Premium Body Care Organic Soaps and Hand Sanitizers have been developed as well as basic items like shower gels and USDA Organic lip balms.
- The choices for effective raw materials are increasing which has resolved some of the dilemmas for formulation when choices for lathering or moisturizing ingredients that met PBC were more limited.
Visit our Whole Body site to download this month’s featured Be Good to Your Whole Body pocket guide and more.