According to Jeremiah McElwee, Executive Senior Global Whole Body Coordinator, it is important to babies and children’s health to choose products carefully:
- Children’s skin is sensitive and helps regulate body temperature, hydrate and protect internal organs.
- The skin is the largest detoxification organ in the body.
- Artificial colors, preservatives and scents can cause irritation, especially for young children.
Premium Body Care® is a standard developed by Whole Foods Market® for our vendor partners:
- The Premium Body Care standards make it easier to choose products like baby and children’s lotions, oils, powders and washes.
- The PBC standards also make it easier for teens to choose face wash, make-up, and lotions,
- The Quality Standards team evaluates every product to ensure it meets the Premium Body Care standards.
- Criteria for evaluation include quality of source, environmental impact and safety.
There are many benefits to shopping at Whole Foods Market for your family:
- Whole Foods Market carefully monitors all the products and ingredients we select.
- Our team members are thoroughly trained and educated about the products we offer to help guide customers in making the most informed decisions.
Visit our Whole Body site to download this month’s featured Be Good to Your Whole Body pocket guide and more.