With grilling season heating up, condiments are close at hand and savings can be within arm’s reach too. After all, if a penny saved is a penny earned, then a dollop saved could be a dime earned, right? Start with 365 Everyday Value® condiments – organic options, too – for the best products at the best price. Then, after enjoying a multitude of summertime meals, don’t throw out those last tablespoons in the condiment jar or bottle. Make something new instead!
Saving money by using condiments to the last drop is as easy as 1 -2- 3:
- Simply add additional ingredients
- Seal tightly
- Shake to combine!
Give it a try and see what tasty new recipes you come up with. Looking for inspiration? These condiment makeovers are sure to get a compliment. Just eyeball the amount left in the condiment bottle (a tablespoon? A scant quarter cup?) and adjust other ingredient amounts accordingly. It doesn’t have to be perfect to be tasty.
- Cocktail Sauce: 2 parts ketchup, 1 part prepared horseradish and a squeeze of lemon
- Barbeque Sauce: 2 parts ketchup, 1 part each cider vinegar, mustard and brown sugar, plus salt and pepper
- Special Sauce: 2 parts ketchup, 2 parts mayonnaise, 1 part pickle relish
- Potato Salad Dressing: 1 part mustard, 2 parts each cider vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil, plus dill, salt and pepper
- Herb Vinaigrette: 1 part mustard, 3 parts oil, 2 parts vinegar, plus salt, pepper and tarragon, dill, basil or oregano
- Honey Mustard Marinade: 1 part mustard, 2 parts each honey, vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil
- Coleslaw Dressing: 2 parts mayo, 1 part cider vinegar, plus a pinch each sugar, black pepper and celery salt
- Caesar Dressing: 2 parts each mayo and grated Parmesan, 1 part each Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice
- Wasabi Mayo: 3 parts mayo, 2 parts prepared wasabi paste and 1 part lemon juice
In the current issue of The Whole Deal® value guide there are lots more ways to save money and time and make great meals. Find $55+ in coupons (including burgers and franks!), Sure Deals, 10 new 5-ingredient budget-friendly recipes and money-saving tips.
Steak sauce, Sriracha, relish and salsa – what’s your favorite creative way to stretch the last of these condiments?