For some people, the start of summer is marked by a shift in wardrobe, but for me it’s what’s in my salad bowl. I make salads often and experiment with nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies, grains, proteins and dressings. And I rely on peak-season flavors like strawberries, cherries, corn and tomatoes. Follow suit to banish boring salads at your house.
Read on to find out how you could win a $50 Whole Foods Market gift card. UPDATE: Thank you to everyone that entered! Congrats to our winner, Ellie!
Awesome Simple Salads
The leafy green + veggies + dressing combo is just the tip of the iceberg. So make every salad super with just a little something extra. Here are a few winning combinations:
- Romaine + heirloom tomatoes + creamy ranch or blue cheese + hearts of palm or artichoke hearts (Sure Deal!)
- Arugula + chopped cucumbers + red wine vinaigrette + olives or marinated mushrooms
- Baby spinach + sliced nectarines + sesame vinaigrette + toasted pine nuts or cooked baby shrimp
- Whole wheat couscous + strawberries + balsamic vinaigrette + feta or goat cheese crumbles (Sure Deal!)
- Wheat berries + diced peaches + cider vinaigrette + sliced prosciutto or salami
- Cannellini beans + diced zucchini + olive oil vinaigrette + roasted red peppers or sundried tomatoes
Here are six more salads that defy sad salad syndrome and spotlight some of the season’s best flavors.
Looking to save? Shop the bulk bins for nuts, seeds, grains and dried fruit and buy only what you need. Leftover chicken and salmon are great time and money savers too. With $53+ in coupons, Sure Deals, 12 new 5-ingredient budget-friendly recipes and money-saving tips, The Whole Deal® value guide has lots more ways to enjoy the best of the season for less.
Lettuce know what’s in your awesome salad in the comments below by August 31 and you could win a $50 Whole Foods Market® gift card. Yup, it’s that Caprese!
The fine print: No purchase necessary. Promotion ends August 31, 2013, 11:59 PM CDT. Must be a legal resident of the US or Canada (except in Quebec, where it is void) age 18 or older to participate. Taxes on prize, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. Employees of Whole Foods Market, Inc., are not eligible. Void where prohibited.