In the second part of our interview with founder Howard Schiffer, listen in to learn about the Vitamin Angels programs having the most impact on malnourished children and discover simple ways to support their profound efforts. Howard Schiffer is the founder of Vitamin Angels and the recipient of numerous awards recognizing his accomplishments for helping to reduce child mortality by providing essential nutrients to at-risk children around the world.
Vitamin Angels has two programs that help improve children’s lives every day:
- Thrive to Five is a domestic and international program to get children’s multivitamins to children under 5, and prenatal vitamins to pregnant women as early in their pregnancy as possible.
- Operation 20/20 focuses on getting vitamin A to children under 5 around the world in order to decrease the effects of vitamin A deficiency and improve their immune function and survival.
- Twenty five cents is the cost to reach one child for one year with vitamin A, which can reduce their risk of mortality from all causes by 24%.
- Today, Vitamin Angels is on track to reach 25 million children in more than 40 countries this year.
There are many ways to get involved with the Vitamin Angels cause:
- One of the easiest ways to support Vitamin Angels is by choosing supplements that have the Vitamin Angels logo on them. These companies donate a percentage of sales or provide nutrients for the programs.
- Whole Body team members are trained and available to answer any shopper questions about Vitamin Angels programs.
- To sign up for the Vitamin Angels newsletter or join Team Vitamin Angels, visit www.vitaminangels.org.
Visit our Whole Body site to download this month’s featured Be Good to Your Whole Body pocket guide and more.