Kabob-a-licious! Who doesn’t love grilled yummy stuff on a stick? Plus, you can stack all of your favorite foods for grilling. Kabobs are fun to make, fun to eat and endlessly versatile. Here are some tips to help you grill up your stack:
- Use the direct heat method for grilling kabobs.
- Soak wooden or bamboo skewers in water for an hour prior to using them to prevent them from burning or catching fire.
- Cut foods into similar-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
- When grilling seafood-based kabobs, consider skewering your seafood and veggies separately, so they can be added to the grill at different times. (Seafood cooks faster than most other foods.)
- Alternate different-shaped foods on each skewer to help prevent kabobs from rolling on the grill.
Enjoy 6 of our favorite kabob ideas:
Don’t stop there! We’ve got kabobs with grilled fruit, kielbasa, veggies, Mediterranean flair, tempeh, Greek cheese and ground beef! For more tips and recipe ideas, see our complete Guide to Grilling.
So, what’s your skewer stacker of choice?