Photo courtesy of Maria Lichty of Two Peas and Their Pod
My favorite hostess gift lately is a bowl full of heirloom tomatoes. They are the epitome of late summer and just beg for a simple, no-cook preparation – just what a busy hostess looks forward to the day after entertaining.
Are you entertaining soon? Since summer isn’t the time for stuffy sit-down dinner parties, a potluck can be the perfect solution. I challenged some of my favorite bloggers from across the country to share what dish they would bring to an heirloom tomato potluck, and the results are delicious.
- Heirloom Tomato Salad from Catherine of Weelicious – Proof that when you have simple, fresh ingredients, a salad really shines.
- Heirloom Tomato Frico Cups from Heidi of Foodie Crush – This finger food is creative and colorful – great for a no-plate affair.
- Smoky Heirloom Tomato and Grilled Peach Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette from Jessica of How Sweet It Is – Smoky, sweet and herby – flavors everyone at a party will love.
- Heirloom Tomato Pizza-Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Cara of Big Girls Small Kitchen – Who doesn’t love pizza? This fun twist nixes the bread and further celebrates summer’s bounty.
- Heirloom Tomato & Avocado Salad From Jeanine of Love and Lemons – Think a salad can’t be a main dish? Add plenty of chickpeas and orzo to bulk it up.
- Heirloom Tomato Pesto Galette from Maria of Two Peas & Their Pod - Galettes don’t have to be sweet – and the pesto brings out the savory flavor of the heirloom tomatoes, all wrapped up in a perfectly flaky crust.
What is your crowd-pleasing way to serve up heirloom tomatoes?