What is the 28 Day Engine 2 Diet?
Engine 2 is a plan of action for following — and sticking to — a heart-healthy, mind-healthy, body-healthy, and taste-bud-tempting, Plant-Strong™ lifestyle, created by Rip Esselstyn.
Individuals following Engine 2 adopt a whole food, nutrient-dense, Plant-Strong™ way of eating and experience a vast variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds. In addition to its cardiovascular benefits, Engine 2 can control glucose levels, reduce cholesterol, help maintain normal weight, and increase overall energy and well-being.
The genesis of Engine 2 was to transform the eating habits of a bunch of Texas firefighters at Austin's Engine 2 firehouse in order to save a fellow firefighting brother's life. The goal in writing The Engine 2 Diet was to educate people on the irrefutable connection between what they put in their mouths and their ability to reach their ideal weight and their ideal health.
28-Day Engine 2 Challenge Support Includes:
- Daily inspirational emails with nutrition information and tips
- 28-Day Challenge food journal to track your progress
- 28-Day Meal Plan with recipes
- Whole Foods Market in store events (see listing*)
- Shared meals and conversation with challenge participants at select stores*
- 200 Engine 2 approved items throughout the grocery aisles including a NEW Engine 2 line of products
- Weekly Engine 2 tasting menu and deli offerings featured in the Prepared Foods department
- Join us on Twitter to share your Plant-Strong™ lifestyle 
- Free Yoga Classes at your local Yoga Tree  during the challenge
- Exclusive access to GAIAM TV  and other GAIAM  special offers
* For list of local store events in Northern California and Reno stores, visit: http://www.E2ChallengeNorCal.com