The Food for Life program is a community-based nutrition education program of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). The classes work to translate complex scientific nutrition information into simple and easy meals. Each Food for Life nutrition and cooking class features a nutrition lecture and live cooking demonstration all within a supportive group setting.
Details and Registration . All classes are free!
- Thurs. Apr 11: Introduction to How Foods Fight Diabetes
- Thurs. Apr 18: The Power of Your Plate and Grocery Cart/Understanding Type 2 Diabetes
- Thurs. May 2: Designing a Diet for Maximum Weight Control/Using the Glycemic Index
- Thurs. May 9: Keeping a Healthy Heart
- Thurs. May 16: Diabetes Care from Head to Toe/Making It Work for You
The goal of the Food for Life: Diabetes Initiative program is to empower people who have diabetes and those concerned about developing diabetes, along with their friends and family members with new information and skills. Each class offers a cooking demonstration, and provides samples of delicious, health-promoting dishes, along with a take-home packet of easy and affordable recipes.