Want to eat healthy but don’t know where to start? From February 1st through February 28th, take the 28-Day Challenge and adopt a plant-strong, whole food, nutrient dense way of eating! A change like this can be, well, challenging.That's why we are here! To help, to inspire and to cheer you on!
We will meet weekly throughout the month of February to gradually change your dinner plate!
Friday, February 1st: Emily Potter, CN, Nutritionist, Whole Journey :
- Why we should eat healthy
- Introduce and explain the 4 pillars of healthy eating. Explain the 4 week program.
- Nutrient-DensityReconfiguring Your Plate
- Cleansing out the Kitchen/Pantry and what to replace it with
- What to expect for the 4 weeks
- Progress – NOT Perfection
Thursday, February 7th: Joy Houston, Raw food chef, and cook book author, The Delicious Revolution: http://thedeliciousrevolution.com/about-joy-houston/ 
- “Reconfiguring Your Plate”
- Explain Plant-Strong and why it is so important to re-configure your plate and eat more plants. Discuss importance of a colorful variety of foods.
- Talk about washing and prepping vegetables for storage and convenient use.
- Explain the importance of quality kitchen tools. Teach the anatomy of a knife and demonstrate safe and efficient knife handling skills. Demonstrate some basic knife cuts.
- Go over a basic kitchen tools checklist and show examples of various tools (Spoons, thongs, whisk, saucepan, soup pot, wok, garlic press, micro-plane, etc…)
Wednesday, February 13th: Clea Shannon , :Board Certified Wellness Coach (AADP), Founder of Live Inspired Today
- Get Your Fats from Whole Sources”
- Explain what healthy fats are and good sources for these fats.
- Talk about oils and processed fats and why to minimize them.
- Demonstrate the “Steam Fry” by sautéing onions in a dry pan, and adding veg. broth, garlic, coriander, red peppers, and zucchini. Other recipes.
Thursday, February 21st: Joy Houston, Raw food chef, and cook book author, The Delicious Revolution: http://thedeliciousrevolution.com/about-joy-houston/ 
- Getting the Most Bang for your Buck”
- Show how all of the 4 pillars tie together. Nutrient Density is the common thread.
- Explain the ANDI score. Go over the different categories of foods and briefly explain calorie density.
- Recipes and cooking demo
Thursday, February 28th: Graduation party with Health Starts Here entrees! Buzz, Chef from Prepared Foods