October 28 - National Chocolate Day
National Chocolate Day
Five Food Finds about Chocolate
- Chocolate comes from the Aztec word “xocolatl” which means “bitter water”.
- Switzerland is one of the top countries for chocolate consumption. The Swiss consume about 22 lbs of chocolate, per person, per year.
- Cocoa beans were used as currency by the Mayan and Aztec cultures. Perhaps this is where they saying “Money grows on trees” came from.
- Allowing chocolate to melt in your mouth produces the same or even stronger reactions as passionately kissing.
- Most cocoa comes from West Africa.