Part of the Neighborhood
As a company, we are quite unique. Our stores are not cookie cutter big box-type stores with directives from “corporate” about how to run the business. Each of our stores has a lot of latitude in deciding the best way to operate that individual store to meet the needs of the local community. That makes community giving really special and fun. At Whole Foods Market, we are active participants in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships that we continue to make each month! We strive to make a difference.
General/Event Related Donations
Whole Foods Market receives many donation requests. We’d like to say yes to everyone, but that’s not always possible, as we have a limited budget. We only make donations to Non-profit organizations with a 501-C (3) status. In most cases, we prefer to support event or organizations that contribute to nutrition education and wellness or one of the following: Education, Environment, Food, Children, Sustainable Agriculture, Organics, or Leon County. Requests must be received at least 8 weeks prior to the event (we get 100’s of requests!) Requests are to be made via our donation form available at customer service, or by downloading and emailing completed form to Paul.Clements@wholefoods.com. Any requests by phone, fax, or in person will NOT be accepted, nor can be responded to (due to volume of requests we receive). To find out more and apply for the General/Event Related Donation program, please click here.
There are other ways that our store works with non-profit agencies in the area. We participate regularly with community organizations and schools. If you would like a team member to come to your community or school event, please email Paul.Clements@wholefoods.com.
5% Community $upport Day
Once a quarter, Whole Foods Market contributes 5% of the store’s total sales to a Non-profit organization (Community Support Days). We work together with the participating group to promote the organization, finding fun and creative ways to generate sales the day of the event. The participating organization must have the capability to promote the event within their organization and out to the community via a newsletter, meeting, emails, press releases, social media, etc. On a CSD, the chosen organization will need to maintain a staffed information table throughout the day to allow customers to get to know and interact with the organization. We will keep your application on file for this program for 2 years. To find out more and apply for the 5% Community $upport Day program, please click here.
- Non-profit organizations are invited to apply for a 5% Day once in a 12 month period.
- To be eligible, an organization must be designated with 501 (c)3 status, proven by proper IRS documentation submitted with completed application
- All information must be turned in at the same time with the application. Please note that a completed application is not an agreement to honor your request. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request. We will contact the selected organizations once a decision has been made.
- Organizations must be in close proximity to the store in which it applies for the 5% Day to be considered.
- Completed applications should be dropped off at the customer service desk or emailed to Paul.Clements@Wholefoods.com
Donate Your Dime Program
When customers bring in their own bags for groceries they have the option of receiving a 10¢ credit (per bag) or the option to donate the 10¢ to our selected non-profit charity or the Whole Planet Foundation. ONE non-profit organization will be selected each quarter or 4 times a year. At the end of the quarter the selected non-profit organization will receive ALL the monies that have been donated into the organization’s account. To find out more and apply for the Donate Your Dime Program, click here.