At Whole Foods Market Brighton we're active participants in our community and enjoy contributing to the surrounding areas of Allston, Brighton, Brookline, Boston and beyond! We're extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationship that we continue to build. We continually strive to make a difference and support local non-profits. Here are the 3 types of community giving we offer:
- General/Event Related Donations
- 5% Days
- Register Coupons
General/Event Related Donations
Whole Foods Market Brighton receives many donation requests. We’d like to say yes to everyone, but that’s not always possible. So here are the criteria we use to make decisions about donations:
- We make donations to non-profit organizations only. In most cases, we prefer to support events or organizations that contribute to nutrition education and wellness or one of the following; Education, Environment, Food, Children, Sustainable Agriculture, or Organics.
- Requests must be received at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Rarely do we give a very large contribution to one organization, simply because there are many who apply and we would rather give to as many as possible.
- Donation requests are only accepted via online application: Donation form for Whole Foods Market Brighton
Recent recipients include:
Brookline Food Coop
Noah's Ark Foundation
American Camping Association
Soultions at Work
Brookline High School
Cradles to Crayons
Once a quarter, Whole Foods Market Brighton contributes 5% of one day’s net sales to a non-profit organization. We work together with the participating group to promote the organization, finding fun and creative ways to generate sales the day of the event. The participating organization must have the capability to promote the event within their organization and out to the community via a newsletter, meeting, emails, press releases, social media, etc.
- On a 5% Day, the chosen organization will need to maintain a staffed information table throughout the day to allow customers to get to know and interact with the organization.
- To apply, fill out this form, 5% Day Application and email our Marketing Team Leader Martyna Bloom at email@example.com .
Each month our registers have coupons supporting an organization where customers can donate in $1-$5 demoninations. We have contributed to many organizations over the years including; American Red Cross, Boston Living Center, Cradles to Crayons, Whole Planet Foundation, and Project Bread. If your organization is interested in this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your non-profit status. Since many of these coupons are booked in advance, we ask that you contact us 60 days prior your preferred start date.