Metcalf‘s In-store Healthy Eating Specialist is here to help you!
Whether you’re taking that first step toward a complete health overhaul or just trying to get quick, nutritious meals on the table night after night, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Our in-store Healthy Eating Specialist will give you the tools you need to make healthy easy. Get all your healthy eating questions answered, plus:
- Learn about Whole Foods Market's Four Pillars of Healthy Eating and how our Health Starts Here® program takes the guesswork out of choosing the right foods.
- Find out what's in season and discover how to choose and use the most nutrient-rich foods.
- Learn how to create a healthy meal plan and get recipes that fit your lifestyle, needs and budget.
- Take a Healthy Eating Tour of the store and find out about upcoming classes and educational Learn how to decipher and read nutritional labels.
Healthy Eating Services at Metcalf:
- Free Monthly Healthy Eating Store Tours (ask about a private tour for your group)
- Cooking Classes in our Cooking Studio teaching kitchen
- In-Store Tasting Demos
- $5 Healthy Meal Deal every Monday in our Prepared Foods Department 11am-1pm and 5pm-7pm
- Healthy recipes and tips found at our Healthy Eating Hub near Customer Service
- Nutritional Wellness Seminars
- Complimentary 25 minute Shopping Assistance for Special Diets (by appointment)
- Health Fairs and Corporate Wellness Presentations (upon availability)
- Health and nutrition focused article and recipe submission for publications
Contact Lisa Markley at email@example.com or 913-652-9633 x203 for inquiries.
Meet Lisa, our Healthy Eating Specialist!
Lisa Markley, RDN is our Healthy Eating Specialist & Culinary Nutritionist here at our Metcalf store.
Lisa believes the path towards optimal health starts in the kitchen. As our Healthy Eating Specialist and Culinary Nutritionist, she strives to help people maximize their nutrition by teaching them tangible, practical ways of cooking with health-supportive ingredients prepared in ways that taste delicious. Over the past four years, she has taught nearly 200 cooking and nutrition classes to people interested in eating healthier and using food as the powerful medicine it is. Her specialty is cooking simple and delicious recipes featuring primarily plant based, whole foods, clean animal products, and food-allergy friendly meals that are organic, local, and seasonal whenever possible.
Lisa began her education at Northern Arizona University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Science in Health Education. She then went on to pursue a Master’s degree in Nutrition from Bastyr University, the United States’ leading university in natural health and science. While at Bastyr, Lisa discovered her passion for healthy cooking and gained invaluable culinary experience working as a teacher’s assistant for culinary instructor and cookbook author, Cynthia Lair. After graduate school, Lisa returned to Kansas City and completed a Dietetic Internship at the University of Kansas Medical Center where she worked in nutrition research and Integrative Nutrition for 5 years before shifting gears to her current culinary path here at Whole Foods Market. She is Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
Lisa has been featured as a healthy eating and cooking expert on Fox 4 News and is frequently interviewed by local media about nutrition and wellness. Her work has been featured in Tastebud Magazine , Edible Kansas City, and Good Health Kansas City. She is an active member of the Greater Kansas City Food Policy Coalition, Slow Food Kansas City, the Kansas City Food Circle, Les Dames de Escoffier, and the Chef’s Collaborative.
Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-652-9633 x 203.