Tis’ the season for money-saving strategies — and we’ve got em’! With The Whole Deal you can unwrap 18 Sure Deals, more than $45 in coupons, 12 new budget-friendly recipes, and a daily meal planner. So when you’re hosting the festivities, there’s no reason to invite overspending.
Here are our top tips for hosting without stressing over spending or leaving your values out in the cold.
- Toast savings. Pick up this year’s Beaujolais Nouveau (always affordable) and browse our holiday Top Ten Wines for top-notch wines at easy-to-swallow prices*.
- Spice it up. Buying spices and nuts from bulk bins lets you get just the amount you need without paying for excess packaging.
- Green décor. Citrus, nuts in the shell, pomegranates, cinnamon sticks, winter squash and rosemary “trees” make beautiful arrangements — and cooking ingredients!
- Spread joy. Give gifts that keep giving with L.I.F.E. Jackets reusable coffee sleeves, which—aid families in Kenya (only 99¢)—and Whole Planet Foundation® calendars, which support micro-lending (only $3 and includes $25+ in coupons!)
- More for less. Get volume discounts on many items when you buy a full case or specified amount. Get the details in our stores at Customer Service.
Feeding A Crowd
With these top tips you can fill seats at your table without emptying your wallet.
- Create a menu. From starters to desserts, browse hundreds of budget-friendly recipes at wholefoods.com/recipes.
- Add it up. Our Servings Calculator helps you serve a bounty without being left with too much.
- Meat for less moolah. Stewing, roasting and braising allow you to choose less expensive cuts of meat with delicious results. Ask our expert butchers for advice.
- Invite 365 Everyday Value®. Tastefully entertain with high-quality holiday basics at everyday value prices. There are hundreds of organic selections, too!
- Sure Deals! We’ve singled out nearly 20 deals bringing you the best value and the best quality including seasonal staples like chicken broth for cooking, pure Irish butter for baking and sweet treats too.
- Reinvent leftovers. Think crudités to roasted veggies; potatoes to pancakes; meat to pies; and stuffing to savory muffins.
Sometimes saving time is as important as saving money. Check out this post on tasty shortcuts and recipes for the harried host.
What’s your favorite tip for a host looking not to spend the most?