Got company for the holidays and wondering what to feed them for breakfast that won’t force you into the kitchen before dawn? Try some of these super-simple, no-cook and almost no-cook breakfast ideas:
- Whole grain cinnamon toast topped with sesame tahini mixed with honey
- Scrambled eggs with sliced buttered toasted baguette (add some chopped veggies such as mushrooms, peppers and onions to the eggs if time permits)
- Oatmeal cooked with dates and cinnamon. Serve with fresh fruit such as apples or pears.
- Natural pancake mix such as whole grain, buckwheat or gluten-free with added frozen blueberries. Serve with organic butter and pure maple syrup.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
- Smoothies (see some samples below)
- Berry Parfait with Yogurt and Granola or any favorite cereal layered with fruit and yogurt.
- Muffins and quick breads made from natural mixes or Blueberry Spelt Muffins, Granola and Applesauce Morning Muffins, Pumpkin Millet Muffins, and Cherry Pecan Bran Muffins.
- Frozen natural hash-brown potatoes and cage-free eggs cooked any way you like
- Crispy bacon free of added nitrate and nitrites served with waffles prepared from a natural mix
Here’s a sampling of some of our many wonderful smoothies:
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Chai Almond Smoothie
- Double Green Smoothie
- Creamy Breakfast Smoothie
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
If you’re like me and you enjoy cooking breakfasts but don’t want anything overly complicated, check out these ideas:
- Breakfast Stacks made with breakfast sausage, greens and potatoes.
- Breakfast Pizza featuring cheese, Roma tomatoes and avocado.
- Our Berry Waffle Breakfast Sandwich is delicious with whipped cream cheese and strawberry preserves. You can make enough to serve all of your guests.
- Tofu Breakfast Tacos are ideal for vegetarian guests.
Bacon and sausage are easy-to-cook crowd pleasers. At Whole Foods Market's meat counter you can choose your bacon any way you like it -- thick, thin, center or end cut. There are organic options, too. What you won't get are any added artificial nitrate or nitrites. The sausages are made fresh in-house with traditional flavors like sage breakfast sausage patties to the more unusual but equally delicious maple blueberry link sausage.
For Christmas morning, consider serving something elegant, festive and delicious, but not too time-consuming like a make-ahead casserole. Here are a few ideas. Serve them up hot from the oven with fresh fruit and hot tea or coffee.
- Mushroom, Tomato and Gruyere Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Polenta Casserole
- Blueberry Breakfast Bake
Remember: Don’t be shy about asking your guests for help in the kitchen. Most will be more than happy to oblige.
Got some simple breakfast ideas for company during the holidays? Let us know.