Weekends are treasured for having time to kick back, relax and, maybe, test out a new brew. We created our Adventures in Brewing program to help you do just that. Each month, we feature two outstanding brews with unique stories to match their unique flavors. One of our August brews is Pilsner Urquell. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Here's the story.
This adventure begins in 1995 at the Sandlot Brewery in Denver, Colorado. Originally named Bellyside Belgian Wit, this brew gained its current name when someone said, "Something this good only comes around once in a blue moon!" And a brand was born. Blue Moon Belgian White is refreshing and medium-bodied; a Belgian-style wheat ale that is spiced with fresh coriander and orange peel for a uniquely complex taste. A slice of orange is the perfect complement, bringing out the natural spices and subtle fruit flavor.
- Cloudy white, opaque appearance, true to a Belgian Style White due to being unfiltered
- Moderate sweetness with spicy wheat aromatics and subtle bitterness
- 164 calories and 13 carbs per 12-oz serving
- One Gold, two Silver medals at the World Beer Championships 1995-7
- 2008 World Beer Cup Champion Brewery
- All salads; adding citrus and coriander to a salad is almost always desired
- Mild turkey, chicken and pork dishes
- Wheat Beers are considered by many to be the best all around beer with food