Texas peaches are so good this summer that I’m eager to include them in as many meals as possible. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, I can’t think of anything that a peach can’t improve. I hope your local peach crop is as good as ours this year. For the scoop on selecting and storing late-season peaches and nectarines, check out our produce expert’s tips. Here are some ideas on how to ramp up your peach consumption, starting with: Breakfast
- Add peaches to your morning smoothie, such as a Get Your Greens Smoothie.
- Or spoon chopped peaches over Overnight Oatmeal.
- Peaches make an excellent topping for French Toast. Try Sprouted French Toast with Peaches and Cashews.
- Add peaches to a green salad and use some in the dressing as well. Check out Summer Salad with Peach-Walnut Dressing to get started.
- Include peaches in summer fruit salads, along with chopped mint.
- Arugula Salad with Peaches, Prosciutto and Blue Cheese is a terrific combo of tangy, sweet and savory flavors.
- If you’ve never had peach salsa, you’re missing out! Make a batch of homemade Fresh Salsa and see our tip on subbing peaches for the tomatoes.
- Peach and Cucumber Salsa is a great fresh condiment for simple grilled fish or chicken.
- Enjoy Chilled Peach Soup as a starter, palate cleanser or dessert.
- The next time you make kabobs, add some peaches to the mix. Here’s an idea for Spicy Peach and Chicken Kabobs.
- Make a quick grilled peach salsa to go with grilled chicken in Chicken with Grilled Peach and Chipotle Salsa.
- For a hearty main course salad, consider Grilled Chicken Salad with Peach-Pecan Vinaigrette.
- Quick pickled peaches make a wonderful partner paired with pork. For the details, check out Grilled Pork Burgers with Savory Pickled Peaches.
- Blackberry and Peach Buttermilk Cobbler, a top-rated recipe on our site, features summer fruits baked in a buttermilk batter.
- Stay cool with homemade Peach-Mango Popsicles.
- Serve Glazed Grilled Peaches with vanilla ice cream after a grilling feast.
- If you like baking, Rustic Peach Tart is a fun recipe to prepare.