UPDATE: Congratulations to Birdie in Southern California for being comment #1838, which was randomly selected to win the Labor Day Gotta Haves. Thanks to everyone for sharing the great memories. We hope every has a memorable Labor Day this year!
What's on your "Gotta Have" list for Labor Day festivities? Here's ours:
- Grass-fed beef. Get the scoop on grass-fed and try these burgers!
- Smokey Blue cheese - topping a burger or on its own.
- Heirloom tomatoes. So many ways to slice 'em.
- Sprouted grain buns. Trending up.
- Veggie burgers. Satisfy all your guests.
- Side salads. Potato, coleslaw, pasta or grain.
- Homemade sangria. Our fave recipe.
- Fruit kabobs. Tasty treats for everyone.
- Ice cream cookie sandwiches - decadent.
- Biodegradable plates, forks, spoons and knives.
To celebrate the end of summer, we're giving away a bag filled with all of the ingredients needed for these "gotta haves" - enough for a Labor Day party for 8 to 10. Fun! We're also throwing in a $50 gift card so you can load up on your favorite condiments — think ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, relish — and any other gotta haves for a perfect end-of-summer party. To enter, simply share a little about your most memorable summer. Maybe it was the summer you learned to drive, or the year you took that sightseeing road trip with the family. Maybe it was a summer spent as an exchange student or the summer consumed with learning about young love. Share the year if you dare date yourself! Whatever it was, let us know in the comments below by August 31st and we'll choose one lucky commenter at random to receive a blowout Labor Day Gotta Haves package. One catch: since many of these items are perishable (like awesome grass-fed ground beef!), to be eligible for the prize you must be able to pick up your winnings from one of our stores. We'll notify the winner by email on September 1st, and you can pick up your prize from September 2nd through the 5th at your local Whole Foods Market store. So, let's hear it! What was your most memorable summer?