Whether you’re a seasoned turkey roaster or are cooking your first Thanksgiving bird, roasting the perfect turkey can be a challenge. Our collection of turkey recipes and Guide to Cooking a Perfect Turkey will help you roast a perfectly moist, tender and naturally delicious turkey, every time. Here are a few simple tips to get you started:
- Always remove the giblets before seasoning and roasting your turkey.
- Baste only at the beginning of the roasting process. Basting later may make the skin soft instead of crispy.
- Cook your turkey on a rack with white wine or chicken broth in the bottom of the pan.
- Roast the bird with the breast side down for the first hour.
- Use a meat thermometer for best results. When done, all parts of the turkey should be 165°F.
- Allow bird to rest (covered) after cooking for about 30 minutes. This redistributes the juices and makes for smooth carving.
Here are a few of the roast turkey recipes we’re smitten with this season: Golden Roasted Turkey This deliciously moist roasted turkey is surprising in its ease of preparation. Exactly what you remember from Thanksgiving dinners of old only better. Ginger Glazed Turkey with Roasted Fruits Many varieties of pears and apples come into peak season in November. Take advantage of what’s in season, and enjoy the fruit flavors with the ginger coating on this turkey. Herb-Crusted Turkey Breast with Mushroom-Leek Stuffing. An ideal entrée for those who don't want or need to cook an entire turkey but would like the "turkey with stuffing" experience. Ready for more? Browse more holiday recipes and check out our guide for cooking the perfect turkey.