It probably comes as no surprise that while we were dating, my hubby wooed me with food and to this day our romantic moments usually revolve around a delicious meal. I particularly love our Valentine’s Day tradition that we’ve developed over the years. We tried restaurants but they’re too crowded and expensive and we tried cooking fancy meals at home but found it took too much effort, especially when Valentine’s fell on a weeknight and we’d been working all day. So, for the last five years or so we’ve picnicked in front of our fireplace. We spread out blankets and pillows and go all out with our favorite nibblers: shrimp cocktail, olives, fruit, cheese, crackers, spreads, charcuterie, wine, chocolates, etc. Perfect! Delicious, romantic, no cooking, easy clean-up—what more could you ask for?
See folks, romantic gestures really don’t have to be grand to make a big impact. Here are a few tasty products perfect for Valentine’s Day and some simple ideas for making the most of them.
Get your honey’s day off to a good start with a special breakfast
. I’m not talking breakfast in bed, which is especially difficult to pull off on a weekday morning. Just set the table simply with a single Whole Trade™
rose, a nice card and a bowl of this awesome Love Crunch Granola.
Nature’s Path Organic Love Crunch Granola
Show you care in more ways than one with your chocolate choice
- A limited-edition flavor, only available at Whole Foods Market®
- The perfect marriage of whole-grain and flax granola, sweet-tart strawberries and raspberries, and the decadence of coconut and dark chocolate chunks
- $1 of every U.S. sale funds Whole Planet Foundation® microcredit programs that help women lift themselves and their families out of poverty
. Your chocolate will really stand out when you choose one of these. Not only do they taste delicious but they really make a difference in the lives of the cocoa farmers.
- Chocolates made from fair trade cocoa beans, sugar and vanilla
- The world’s first farmer-owned chocolate brand; co-owned by a cocoa cooperative in Ghana, Africa
- Farmer-owners share in company profits, have seats on the board and a voice in global trade
- Meet the farmer-owners and watch their stories on Divine’s website
Snuggle up with a good movie and some scrumptious popcorn.
- Made in the U.S. with the finest-quality, organic and fair trade ingredients
- Award-winning chocolate treats for every taste—creative flavor combinations (mmm, dark chocolate with cherry and almond) and a range of cacao content
- An unwavering commitment to improving the lives of cocoa farmers through responsible business practices
It doesn’t have to be a romantic movie; pick your sweetheart’s favorite. Remember, an action-adventure can get your heart racing and a thriller can have you reaching for your sweetie’s hand. Even if you can’t get into the movie, you can enjoy the company and the popcorn.
Popcorn, Indiana Drizzled Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Kettle-cooked popcorn drizzled with white chocolate and spiced with premium cinnamon from Sri Lanka
- This special flavor was created just for Whole Foods Market and uses organic and fair trade sweeteners, flavors and spices
- Our Whole Trade® Guarantee requires that products meet criteria for quality, price, working conditions and the environment
- Available in a wrapped two-pack for Valentine’s Day
What’s your special Valentine’s tradition? Do you have a favorite treat you like to indulge in?