THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. CONGRATULATIONS TO TARA FROM ANN ANBOR, MICHIGAN! SHE'S THE WINNER OF THE LOCAL PRODUCT GIFT BASKET! Good news – as of this week, Whole Foods Market has funded $4 million in low-interest loans for small, local producers through our Local Producer Loan Program! Even better news – that money has helped our neighborhood farmers, bakers, artisans, mom-and-pop shops (you name it) grow their businesses and bring hundreds of high quality products into our stores for our customers to enjoy. The best news – to celebrate the milestone, we're giving away a basket full of goodies made by some of our loan recipients! It's simple. Just enter a comment below by March 22nd telling us why you love your local producers and you have a chance to win! We’ll choose one lucky comment at random to receive the basket. Why did we start the Local Producer Loan Program? Whole Foods Market recognizes that small businesses (even with high quality products and a viable business plan) sometimes need a hand to reach their big dreams. So in 2007, we launched the Local Producer Loan Program with a commitment to fund up to $10 million dollars in low-interest loans. After all, it's our hard-working local producers and their unique offerings that give each of our stores its one-of-a-kind flavor and pizzazz. Check out what's in this bountiful basket. And remember, since these products are made by local stars from all across the country, you may not be able to find them at your local store. All the more reason to post your comment by March 22nd for a chance to give these great local favorites a try.
- Laughing Giraffe – three bags of raw granola (Cranberry Orange, Cherry Ginger, Vanilla Almond Snackaroons)
- Gourmet Foods – one jar of Zesty Marinara Sauce
- Revolution Foods – two Jammy Sammy Sandwich Bar packs
- Progress Coffee, Inc. – one bag of Mohawk Coffee Beans
- Alaska's Bakery – one bag gourmet peanut butter doggie biscuits
- Skin Organics – body lotion (unscented) and Citrus Ginger hand lotion
- Righteously Raw – five organic chocolate bars (Acai, Maqui, Chocolate, Goji and Caramel)
- Michele's Granola – two bags of granola (Pumpkin Spice and Original)
- Whale Tails Tortilla Chips – one bag of tortilla chips
- Lydia's Organics — one bag of Berry Good Cereal and two boxes of crackers (Italian and Green) and two vegan bars (Spirulina and Cacao Crunch)
Why do you love your local producers?