Mother’s Day is right around the corner (Sunday, May 8th
this year), and as you start planning the perfect day for mom, don’t forget the flowers! Of course, there are many ways to let mom know she’s special — whether it’s a handmade card or breakfast in bed (to name just a few). And here in the floral office, we think a bright and cheerful array of flowers, made just for her, is definitely one gift as unique as she is!
Now don’t be intimidated —you don’t need any experience to make a beautiful arrangement. All you need is a clean vase or container full of fresh water (we love to use mason jars), a sharp pair of scissors and your fresh flowers. There are a ton of great options to choose from, but here are just a few of our team’s favorite ways to mix and match for a quick and easy (yet lovely) arrangement.
One bunch Whole Trade gerbera daisies, one bunch Whole Trade poms and a few greens
One dozen Whole Trade roses plus one bunch Whole Trade alstromeria
One bunch of California tulips, one bunch Whole Trade gerbera daisies and a few greens
A few stems each of California tulips, Whole Trade gerbera daisies, Whole Trade alstromeria, Whole Trade poms and greens
A few quick tips to help in your arrangement adventure:
- Fill a clean vase with fresh, room-temperature water.
- Remove any leaves that will be below the waterline. This helps keep the water clean and clear, and the flowers will appreciate it too.
- Cut stem ends a minimum of one inch. A fresh cut will allow your flower to drink fully, bloom completely, and last longer.
- Place flowers in water immediately and keep away from direct sunlight, heat, and drafts.
- Re-cut the stems and change the water every 2-3 days to allow for longer blooms and continued enjoyment.
See, it’s not that hard! Our floral team members will be happy to assist you too. What flowers do you like to mix together? Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!