Jennifer Lo, Social Media and Marketing Specialist for our Northern California Region, loves sharing her passion for food, travel and photography.
We’re so excited to be participating at this year’s Cooking for Solutions Sustainable Foods Celebration at the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Saturday and Sunday, May 21-22! It’s an exciting event to celebrate food and wine and to discover how our food choices affect the health of the soil, water and ocean wildlife. (Read on for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.)
Being a new Bay Area resident, I can’t wait to attend this year’s celebration! One of my favorite childhood memories is of going to the local aquarium and running my hands through the tide pools to touch the starfish. I can’t think of any better way to spend the weekend than to explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium while watching celebrity chef cooking demonstrations and tasting good food.
With our recent commitment to move toward fully sustainable seafood departments, this is also a tasty way to celebrate our partnership with the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program. So if you are lucky enough to be in the Monterey area next weekend (May 21-22), you’ve got to check out this event!
Here are some highlights not to be missed:
- Learn insider cooking secrets from the pros - Join celebrity chefs like Alton Brown, Virginia Willis and more to see firsthand how delicious cooking with sustainable food can be.
- Graze on artisan foods at our Whole Foods Marketplace - Featuring local Northern California growers and producers: Frog Hollow, Rustic Bakery, Three Twins Ice Cream, Lev’s Kombucha, Alba Organics, Santa Cruz Coffee and more! (We have about 20 local producers joining us!)
- Join the Talk & Taste events - Learn how to make your own sauerkraut with Happy Girl Kitchen, enjoy a tea tutorial and tasting with Numi tea, and find out how to create three easy, delicious dishes using raspberry jam with Serendipity.
- Enjoy samples of Halibut Ceviche and Shrimp Cocktail - Crafted by our Seafood team; take some time and learn more about our Sustainable Seafood Program.
- Visit the Kids’ Zone – From face painting to making your own trail mix, there will be activities for all ages. There will even be a photo booth where we can snap your picture so you can bring the memories home with you!
So come and join us for a weekend filled with good food, education and fun! Click here for more event details. We’re proud to partner with the Monterey Bay Aquarium as a sponsor for this year’s Cooking for Solutions Sustainable Foods Celebration and we hope to see you all there! Want to win a pair of tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium? Just share your favorite aquarium memory in the comments section below for a chance to win a free pair of general admission tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. (Tickets are valid for Aquarium admission anytime, not just during the Cooking for Solutions event.)
Leave your comment by May 20th and you may be re-living those memories soon. Good luck!