One of the best things about social media is that it allows us to connect with people that enjoy eating food and sharing it with others as much as we do. As the Social Media Specialist for Whole Foods Market, I’ve found that there's an enormous variety of topics that can stimulate great online conversation, but none elicit such excited and passionate responses like 'cheese'! I learned this a few weeks ago after asking our Facebook fans and Twitter followers to share their favorite way to enjoy Parmigiano-Reggiano
. In fact, we received so many responses that I decided to do it again; this time asking for delicious and unique culinary ideas using goat cheese. Here are 25 of the most interesting ideas that were submitted:
- Add to venison chili for a rich and creamy flavor.
- Goat cheese ice cream: make a normal sweet cream base, melt in 4 oz of goat cheese and freeze. Delish!
- Goat cheese and avocado sandwich.
- Mix goat cheese with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for a great salad dressing.
- Make a salad with butter lettuce, goat cheese and small cubes of fresh pineapple with a sweet vidalia onion dressing
- Goat cheese stuffed squash blossoms.
- Asparagus lasagna with a goat cheese béchamel sauce.
- Make a savory goat cheese frosting for cupcakes.
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread and goat cheese brownies.
- Goat cheese truffles: roll balls of goat cheese in different herbs and spices and serve with crackers.
- Enchiladas filled with sweet corn, green chilies, onion & goat cheese - spiced with cumin, garlic, chili powder & cilantro!
- Devils on Horseback: dates stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon.
- Goat cheese, Italian white beans, olive oil, fresh flat leaf parsley, sea salt & cracked pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Blend goat cheese with the fruit curd of your choice; spread between 2 waffle cookies & freeze for an hour. Best ice cream sandwich ever!
- Phyllo dough spread with pesto, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts; rolled, sliced, and then baked. YUM!
- Lamb chops topped with goat cheese, rosemary and white wine sauce.
- Goat cheese, strawberries and mint pesto on pizza dough - grill it!
- Add goat cheese to sweet pea risotto and finish with fresh thyme.
- Stuff goat cheese under the skin of organic chicken breast and bake in the oven.
- Top homemade long-rise pizza dough with olive oil, goat cheese, fresh thyme and caramelized onion; top with a sprinkle of good sea salt.
- Rosemary and goat cheese bread pudding.
- Boil a cut-up head of cauliflower. Drain and beat with an electric beater. Add goat cheese, vegan mayonnaise, butter, salt and pepper.
- Goat cheese and scallion scones
- Semi-hard goat cheese béchamel macaroni and cheese with shaved truffles (or morels) topped with crispy bacon.
- Mix goat cheese with colatura (anchovy sauce) and stuff into halved Peppadew peppers; broil until cheese is slightly browned.
Do you have a delicious way to use goat cheese? Please share it with us!