Daydreaming about an exotic vacation this summer? Whether it’s lounging on the sun-drenched coast of southern France, hiking Argentina’s foothills, bungee jumping in New Zealand or diving into the clear, blue waters of Greece, this summer’s Top Ten Wines
will take you places.
In fact, no passports are needed as you can enjoy a taste of exotic locales without leaving your own backyard or spending a pretty penny with these top-notch summer wines at easy-to-swallow prices
are under $20.
These specially selected and priced wines include something for everyone’s summer enjoyment. “New World” meets “Old World” in this new lineup of summer sippers. From alternative whites and recently popular off-dry reds to classic Bordeaux and Côtes du Rhône wines, the Top Ten Summer Wines
are well suited for sipping at the beach or poolside, pairing with grilled foods and other summer favorites, and sparking conversation with friends.
And speaking of tasty conversation, please join us for the Top Ten Summer Wine Twitter Tasting
on Thursday, June 9 from 7 – 8 pm CT when we will lead a virtual tasting of six* of the summer wines. Our Twitter Tastings have become hugely popular as we bring together wine lovers from around the country to taste and tweet. Simply pick up one or more of the featured wines and join the fun online or check with local stores
for Twitter Tasting events. Follow along with us @WFMWineGuys
Also don’t miss the chance to win
all of the cheese and wine to host your own virtual wine tasting party! Correctly answer one of our wine trivia questions tweeted from @WholeFoods. One winner will be chosen daily from June 1 – 6, 2011.
Ready to take a tasty tour? Here are a few destination wines included in the Top Ten Summer Wines that you won’t want to miss:
Elios Mediterranean White
– This crisp, fresh, dry white Greek wine has mineral notes and ripe citrus on the nose. Perfect for sipping on the porch or served at brunch.
Innovac!ón Torrontés Pinot Grigio*
– Made in Argentina from sustainably farmed grapes, this liter-size value bottle holds an irresistibly floral, tart white with hints of lush peach and apricot.
Perrin Nature Côtes du Rhône
– Made using organic practices, this classic French red expresses its rich, fertile terroir with cherry, blackberry and earthy notes, a hint of black pepper, and elegant tannins.
Evodia Old Vine Garnacha
– Thanks to 100-year-old vines, this ripe Spanish favorite is a complex, big, round red
wine with flavors of strawberry preserves, black raspberry and a hint of violet.
Presto Moscato Dolce
– This delicate, sweet summer sparkler from Italy has honeyed peach and apricot flavors and is perfect for sipping or drizzled over fruit.
Sit back, relax and enjoy your summer travels – one sip at a time.