Our commitment to provide the highest-quality ingredients and products extends to every aisle of our stores. Join us for the latest updates in Whole Body where we discuss the benefits of our Premium Body Care and Organic Body Care standards. Lecia Rand is Category Manager and Product Developer for Whole Foods Market store brand supplements and body care.
- There are a lot of products that claim to be natural, but there is no regulatory standard for making that claim.
- Whole Foods Market™ experts spent years examining ingredients according to the strictest criteria for safety, efficacy and impact on the environment.
- More than 380 ingredients have been found that do not meet our standards.
- The products that meet our Premium Body Care (PBC) standards are flagged on shelf with special signs showing the PBC logo.
- Whole Body team members can also point shoppers in the right direction depending on what they are looking for.
- Body care products that meet our standards include shampoos, conditioners, lotions, baby care products and more!
- There are over 2500 products and growing that have been formulated to our PBC standards, which include many of our 365 Everyday Value® and Whole Foods Market™ body care products.
- Sales of 365 Everyday Value® body care products made to our Premium Body Care standards have increased significantly and are available for very affordable prices.
- Premium Body Care Organic Soaps and Hand Sanitizers have been developed as well as basic items like shower gels and USDA Organic Lip Balms.
- The choices for effective raw materials are increasing which has resolved some of the dilemmas for formulation when choices for lathering or moisturizing ingredients that met PBC were more limited.
- Taking our Premium Body Care standards and adding the requirements to label products according to the USDA or NSF Organic Standards means our customers will be able to easily see the different levels of quality and have confidence in the quality of the natural products they can choose from us.
- Our two standards together equal some of the highest quality products available.
- Whole Foods Market™ USDA Organic Castile Soap falls under both standards while providing a multiple-use natural soap option that smells and foams fantastically. 365 Everyday Value® Moisture Bar Soaps are another example and are made with 70% organic ingredients.