1. Add peppers to your favorite kabobs for late summer grilling. This is when it’s a great idea to get one of each color.
2. Add chopped bell pepper to your favorite tuna or chicken salad for extra crunch. Or try our easy and tasty recipe for Honey Mustard Salmon Salad.
3. Puree homemade or jarred roasted red peppers and stir into hummus for a simple dip for veggies or pita chips. Or try our Nutty Red Pepper and Basil Dip made with cashews, peppers and tahini.
4. Make a colorful pepper slaw. Thinly slice peppers and toss with green onions, cider vinegar and just enough mayonnaise to coat the mixture. Let sit in refrigerator until peppers soften slightly.
5. Bell peppers are the perfect ingredient in a stir-fry. They not only bring bright color and flavor but when thinly sliced, they cook quickly.
6. Add chopped or sliced red peppers to a veggie-packed frittata or serve chopped roasted red peppers over scrambled eggs for a savory breakfast treat.
7. Stuffed peppers are a no-brainer. Their shape and sturdiness make a perfect vessel for whatever you desire (rice, ground beef, cheese, etc.). Try our Curried Stuffed Peppers filled with a mixture of ground turkey, zucchini, cilantro, curry powder and (of course) peppers. Or, get your grains with our Roasted Bell Peppers Stuffed with Quinoa.
8. Make one of my personal favorite sauces, romesco. This delicious mixture of peppers, tomato, garlic, almonds and paprika comes together in minutes in a food processor. Personalize to your taste by trying with hazelnuts instead of almonds. Serve romesco over meat or fish or as a dip for grilled veggies. Try Roasted Pimenton-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Romesco Sauce or simple Romesco Sauce to pair with whatever you like.
9. Make a gorgeous pepper pizza. Brush a pizza crust with extra-virgin olive oil. Top with thinly sliced red, orange and yellow peppers and add dollops of ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake until golden. Add fresh basil leaves just before pizza finishes cooking.
10. Bell peppers make excellent dippers. Cut wide strips and use for hummus, salsa, baba ghanouj and more.What’s your best bell pepper recipe?