“Who’s playing?” It was a simple question but it caused quite a ruckus in the office the other day. Sorry! I’m just not a big sports fan. But I do like a good showdown and a good party. Which is why I usually grab a few friends and we gather around the TV for the Big Game.
And if you’re like me, the question that’s more important than “who’s playing?” is “what are we eating?”
If you follow our blog you know we’ve already shared some Superb Recipes for Game Day as well as some recipes and tips to have a Healthy Game Day and even our produce expert’s “Best Ever” Guacamole. But if you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen when that great commercial (ahem) play happens, try some of these high-scoring snacks. Like all the products we sell in our stores, they bench the artificial preservatives, flavors and colors.
Take a look:365 Everyday Value® Green Garbanzo Beans
- Green garbanzos (a.k.a. chick peas) that are freshly harvested, then quickly and carefully blanched and frozen
- An excellent source of folic acid and a good source of iron
- A sweeter flavor than traditional garbanzos with the same satisfying, nutty texture
- Use them for making dips, spreads, salads, stuffing, stir-fries and stews.
- For game day, try them in Green Garbanzo Guacamole or Green Garbanzo Hummus.
- Give each guest their own personal pizza or flatbread or cut them up and serve as entertaining party bites
- Like all EVOL. products, these are made with fresh ingredients, including meats and cheese from animals raised without antibiotics and added growth hormones (rBST)
- Flatbread flavors: BBQ Chicken & Mozzarella, Italian Sausage & Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, Pesto & Portabella and Grilled Chicken & Roasted Veggies
- Pizza flavors: Chicken, Spinach & Ricotta, Meatballs & Mozzarella, Four Cheese & Basil
- Made with beef from Niman Ranch and chicken from Petaluma Poultry
- Vegetarian, low sodium and low fat options
- Choose from Bean & Cheese Enchilada, Chicken Enchilada, Fire Grilled Steak and Teriyaki Chicken
- Fresh ingredients all rolled up in a traditionally made tortilla or tasty wrap
- Cheese from the milk of cows not treated with rBST
- Free-range chicken and beef from cattle raised without antibiotics and added growth hormones
- Make a party tray with a little something for everyone by choosing from their wide selection of flavors
- Non-GMO Project verified and made with organic whole kernel corn
- Pick up the 16-oz “party-size” bag
- Varieties include Yellow, Blue, Red Hot Blues and Blue with No Salt Added
- Chips with a bold flavors and a hearty crunch
- Gluten free
- A wide selection of unique flavors including Jalapeño, Honey Dijon, Krinkle Cut Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper and Krinkle Cut Buffalo Bleu
If the gridiron snack attack gets a little too aggressive, these products featuring beneficial probiotics might be the players you need on your defensive team: Lifeway BioKefir
- A 3.5-oz shot of BioKefir has more than 20 billion units of live and active probiotic activity – twice the amount in other regular Kefir and similar yogurt varieties!
- Each gluten-free variety is specifically designed to support digestion, immunity or heart health
- Sold in four-packs and available in Vanilla, Pomegranate/Blueberry, Blackberry and Cherry flavors
- Organic, whole milk kefir (a yogurt-style beverage) for kids
- Full of protein and calcium with 10 live and active cultures (the good bacteria) to support digestive health
- Kid-friendly flavors: Strawnana Split, Sublime Slim Lime, Goo Berry Pie and Orange Creamy Crawler in fun, no-spill, no-mess, squishy pouches perfect for small hands
- Authentic Greek yogurt recipe makes for a rich flavor and creamy texture with 0% fat
- Fresh, organic milk comes from family farms and organic fruits are hand-picked and prepared the same day
- Five live active cultures: S. thermophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. acidophilus, Bifidus, and L. casei
- You could even use this for a dip! Eight-Layer Mediterranean Dip anyone?
So what’re you eating on game day? Is there a star snack in your food lineup? Oh, and really, who’s playing?