Excited for spring but looking for effective solutions to manage seasonal allergies? Listen in to learn the benefits of homeopathy and how to choose remedies for quick relief.
Dr. Wendy Pollock is a Certified Classical Homeopath and chiropractor practicing in Mill Valley, CA.
More than 20% of the US population is affected by allergies:
- Allergies are a histamine response of the body to an irritant that a person becomes sensitized to such as dust, pollen, mold, smoke, pollution, etc.
- This results in symptoms of runny nose, sneezing and congestion that can range from mild to severe.
- Allergies can develop from overexposure sensitivity or be triggered by high stress.
Homeopathy offers effective, natural solutions for allergy sufferers:
- Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic, have no side effects and can be effective for acute situations. They also offer long-term health enhancing benefits.
- If an acute remedy is not effective, Dr. Pollock recommends seeing a licensed, constitutional homeopathy practitioner who will consider the whole person rather than just their symptoms.
There are approximately 800 homeopathic remedies listed as helpful for allergies:
- Homeopathic remedies are chosen through an exacting process based on the specific symptoms of the whole person.
- Because the correctly chosen medicine is an exact match to the symptoms that would cause illness in a healthy person, the medicine acts energetically to negate those same symptoms in a sick person.
- In general, remedies are placed under the tongue and allowed to dissolve.
Dr. Pollock recommends starting with a single, well chosen homeopathic remedy:
- Allium cepa is a homeopathic remedy helpful for burning eyes, itchy nose and irritation associated with hay fever and colds.
- Sabadilla is a homeopathic remedy helpful for repetitive sneezing not accompanied by burning discharge.
- The book Everybody’s Guide to Homeopathic Medicines is a great resource for self help.
- If allergies are severe or self-care is not effective, seek the advice of a certified clinical homeopath.
Visit our Whole Body site to download this month’s featured Be Good to Your Whole Body pocket guide and more.