When I was a kid and had friends sleep over at my house, it wasn’t an actual slumber party until we broke out a bowl of my trusty French onion and bacon dip, a bag of potato chips and a package of cookies. Now that I’ve grown up, I’ve moved on to a wider (and healthier) variety of social snackage, but the original thought remains the same: a party just isn’t a party without dips, spreads and other bite-size nibbles. Just in case you’ve got a shindig coming up, I’ve collected some of our favorite recipes for snacking.
- Love spinach dip? Try our creamy version, or go for a new taste with Lemon-Ricotta Kale Dip.
- If tortilla chips are your scooping vessels of choice, try Fresh Pineapple Salsa, Green Pea Guacamole or Alfresco Dip, a twist on pico de gallo.
- These Steamed Green Beans with Carrot-Dill Dip are a refreshing nibble. Or try using our Asian-inspired Carrot Dressing as a foil for mini wontons or spring rolls.
- Beans make excellent dips and spreads. Eggplant-Garbanzo Bean Dip and Simple White Bean Spread are deliciously simple hummus alternatives.
- Got summer basil? We’ve got Vegan Pesto and Nutty Red Pepper and Basil Dip, both perfect for serving with fresh or lightly steamed veggies.
- If cheese is what you please, this Marinated Feta Cheese with Lemon and Fresh Herbs is a tangy taste with crisp crostini. And it goes without saying that Party-Time Pimento Cheese is sure to be a hit.
- Mix leftover or smoked salmon with cheese and you’ve got a breakfast-inspired dip ready for any time of day. Lemon Tarragon Smoked Salmon Spread or Grilled Salmon Spread with Fennel and Chives are flavorful choices.
- We’ve got you covered on sweet treats too, with Apricot Graham Snackers and Dried Apple Slices. Or keep the dipping alive and serve fresh summer fruits with Dark Chocolate and Coconut Dessert Sauce.