Thanks to everyone who entered the recipe contest! We loved trying your creations. Congratulations to our winners: Blackberry: Kerry G, Peppery Blackberry Flatbread Blueberry: June S, Berry Dreamy Blueberry Cornbread Raspberry: Annais S, Fresh Raspberry Avo-Lemon Tart Strawberry: Nikki G, Ginger Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles Mixed Berries: Liz H, Berry Beet Salad
One of the things I most look forward to in the summer is enjoying ripe, organic berries. Whether I’m slicing up strawberries to top on ice cream, rinsing blueberries to go in my favorite smoothie (the Double Green Smoothie for the record!) or turning plump raspberries into finger puppets like I did as a kid, fresh berries bring me such joy.
But beyond the simple joys of fresh berries, I love using their bright flavors to get creative in the kitchen, so I’m thrilled we’re hosting a recipe contest to see what you do to get creative with organic berries. You just might win a $250 Whole Foods Market gift card! The contest asks you to think far beyond morning yogurt parfait, simple fruit salad or berry ice cream. Instead, dream up unique ways to show off these colorful summertime gems. Pick one of five categories to enter (only one entry per person) – blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and mixed (two or more of the berries). We’re looking for big berry flavor, which is why we’re challenging you to keep things simple.
That means seven ingredients or less and no refined sugar! Are you up for it? You have until Friday, June 15 at 5 PM CDT to submit your recipe and recipe photo on the contest page. We’ll pick one winner from each category to receive a $250 Whole Foods Market gift card. Make sure to visit the contest page for the complete rules and to submit your recipe.
Here are some berry delicious recipes to get your creative juices flowing:
- Whether you’re growing your own salad vegetables in your backyard or swinging by the store to get them fresh before dinner, having Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing on-hand to dress them will elevate any ho-hum side salad to the main event.
- Beat the heat with a refreshing berry mocktail that brightens up with the addition of fresh mint in this Blueberry Summer Refresher.
- Sweet, baked breakfast and brunch summertime goodies can be good for people with special diets too. Gluten-Free Baked Berry French Toast will be a hit with the whole crowd.
- Enjoy the sweetness of dessert without the guilt. Maple syrup and sweet dates highlight this Raw Berry Crisp.
- Gazpacho doesn’t need to mean dicing up the tomatoes. Enjoy this cool soup with organic strawberries in Strawberry Melon Gazpacho.
- Sometimes a little heat brings out the sweet, which is the case for this Watermelon and Strawberry Salad with Chile Vinaigrette.
Are you bursting with berry creativity? Submit your recipe on the contest page. I can’t wait to taste them!